Bryan blessed Abigail while my family was all in town (3 months ago? Yes, I'm a little behind the times). He gave her a beautiful blessing. We chose the name Abigail Mary to give our first daughter. Abigail is Hebrew for
a source of joy for the father. Whether 'father' means Heavenly or Earthly, I'm not sure; I hope she will be a source of joy for both. Mary is after two of her Great-Grandmothers (my paternal grandma and Bryan's maternal grandma). I like family names. The name Mary let us honor two people with one name.
My good friend, Jocelyn, gave Abigail a meaningful book for her blessing day; The Tale of Three Trees.
Here is Abigail's dress. I made it the weeks right before her birth. This is my first attempt at sewing a dress and following a pattern on my own. It took a total of 30 hours and still had it's flaws. At least it's made with love.
No comments:
Post a Comment