Sunday, July 14, 2013

Words, Words, Words

Abigail surprises us everyday with how much she learns.  Someone once told me a child learns 500 words before they can say one.  I should sit down and list all the words Abigail recognizes. Recently, Abigail has been trying out some words.  So far, 'Bye' is her best one. Luckily, I caught on video her one attempt at 'cookie.' She hasn't said 'cookie' again, but she learned the sign language for it ;) She definitely has her own little language. 'Dah' or a panting sound is dog, 'tah, tah' is bird or the sound of a bird (tweeting or cawing), 'mama' is milk (sigh, oh well), 'nananana' is banana.

The first video is her own little language. On our move down to CA, we heard her very adamantly repeating her word for dog, 'dah.' I looked back and saw she had her book open to the dog page.



This second video features her little attempts at the English language.  She got four shots that day (12 month check up), so I let her walk around without pants irritating her little chub-lub thighs. 




*proud mom alert* This girl never ceases to amaze me.  I just love watching her learn! When we sit down to eat, we say a blessing on our food.  We will ask her to fold her arms, and what do you know, she does! When she hears water running, she thinks it's time to wash her hands, so she will rub her hands together. She blows kisses all the time and recently has just been kissing me on the cheek or the leg, depending which is closer to her lips. When I ask her if dolly gets a ride in her wagon, Abigail will find her doll, put it in the wagon, then pull it around. What a cutie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment