Monday, October 10, 2011

Guten Tag!

Greetings from Bavaria, Washington! As a celebration of Bryan completing the National Dental Board Exams and a mini summer vacation, Mom and Dad Swanson took us to Leavenworth.

We had lots of Schnitzels, red cabbage, sunshine and fun times.

We began our trip with a little 'sampling' of Cashmere, a nearby town and the origin of Aplets and Cotlets:

We tasted free samples of Aplets and Cotlets and cider, then stopped at Country Boys BBQ on the way out (no free samples there though, bummer).


Country Boys BBQ

I couldn't resist taking this picture, a Pennsylvania license plate all the way in little town Washington!

After leaving Cashmere, Mom S. and I explored Front Street in Leavenworth while Dad S. and Bryan had a record-breaking time at the local golf course. I heard some PRs were set.




Mom did her research beforehand and lead us to a trail along the Wenatchee River. I really enjoyed our hike along the trail.  Nature has a marvelous calming affect upon me. I loved watching the sunlight dance along the rippling water, wading in the ice-cold river, and admiring the pine-covered mountains guarding us from the passing cares of every day life. *breath in deeply* and out, ahhhhhh....


We stopped at a couple of farmer's markets and found a squash man, I thought he was cute ;


Bryan and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on this excursion. Thanks Mom and Dad S.!

                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment